Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Animal Plant photos

Large Rectangle

A few nice animal plant images I found:


Eucerine Bee
animal plant
Image by Furryscaly
This appears to be a eucerine bee; tribe Eucerini, subfamily Apinae, family Apidae. Judging by the unusually long antennae (from which the tribe gets its name), this would be a male. Found in a garden in Burleigh County, North Dakota, on an early August evening. It appeared to be sleeping on the end of a plant with another of its kind that flew away eventually.

If anyone can confirm this bee's identity, and/or identify a genus or species, that would be greatly appreciated.


Christmas In May
animal plant
Image by Ena 1979


Forget Me - Never
animal plant
Image by Adventures of KM&G-Morris
Just feeling a bit lazy this morning and somehow that's when a floral photo appeals to me. Not my favorite subject for photos because I just never think my florals are all that great. I generally don't like cut flowers because they're not living. Animals, birds, and flowers should be viewed and enjoyed alive. After all, that's when they are most beautiful!

Banner