Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Photos Of Animals images

Large Rectangle

Check out these photos of animals images:


Bobo
photos of animals
Image by gfpeck
Active Assignment Weekly: Aug 16-23: Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness

It's an inescapable emotion in life. Some of the greatest art in the world was created by artists fuelled on feelings of sadness. This week, take a photo that best depicts the emotion of sadness.

Restriction: I'd like to see the creative use of objects and/or body language as opposed to a full on crying face, so no close ups of faces.

WIT: This was a challenging assignment. I decided to go with an image depicting a sad event. There is a cemetery near where I work and I took a drive through it so see if there would be anything for this assignment. I spotted this stuffed animal that someone placed near this marker. For post processing I cropped, applied an orton effect and finally a texture. As a parent myself, I can imagine no greater sadness.


Wounded lizard
photos of animals
Image by Daniele Nicolucci photography
I'm not posting this photo to any groups due to potential anger from PETA-freaks. Please refrain from leaving nasty comments.
Anybody who knows me or has at least scanned through my stream knows that I love animals of all kinds – including those I'm afraid of – and I'm only posting this because when I hadn't even realized it had a broken tail when I shot the picture.

The damage was caused by Lucy (yes, the cute black cat), but I managed to take this green-brown fellow to safety. Perhaps that's why it posed for me without complaining.

And for what it's worth, lizards happily live without a tail, so worry not!


View large on black

Facebook (become a fan!)
Blog | Twitter | Website


and now for something completely different
photos of animals
Image by Owen Benson Visuals
My boss has been acquiring animals over the last few years. Started with cats, then chickens and now ... well, I'll show that in the next photo :)

As he says below, several of his chickens are "rescued" from a battery farm. They are a bit confused to begin with - imagine going from a over-crowded space indoors to a near-empty field under the open sky. It's good to see that they can adapt and seem to enjoy life (well, as far as I can tell - I don't speak chicken).

Banner