Leaderboard
728x15

BU541 Wait, you're not my date!

Large Rectangle

Some cool animal species images:


BU541 Wait, you're not my date!
animal species
Image by listentoreason
So I had heard of these fireflies, but for some reason assumed they were rare until I caught a few lightning bugs to show my son. After putting a half dozen in a jar, I noticed that two of them had gotten really close, and not in a friendly way.

Fireflies have distinctive flashing patterns that are designed to allow pairs of the same species to reliable hook up. Photuris is a predatory mimic, where the female has learned to counterfeit the flash pattern of other species. This draws amorous males to her, whereupon they are promptly eaten.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photuris_(genus)


Zoo Madrid Giant Anteater
animal species
Image by Truus, Bob & Jan too!
Anteaters are the four mammal species of the suborder Vermilingua commonly known for eating ants and termites.Together with the sloths, they compose the order Pilosa. The name "anteater" is also colloquially applied to the unrelated aardvark, numbat, echidna, and pangolin.

Source Wikipedia

Banner